Do you want to be on your own, but not alone?
The King’s Daughters Home, founded in 1891, is a non-profit, inter-denominational Christian boarding home for women. Its purpose is to provide comfortable, affordable living accommodations to women who are in the Bangor area to further their education or start a career. It serves as a stepping stone to young women as they leave the safety and security of their family home and move toward self-sufficiency and independence. KDH provides students with a reasonably priced alternative to dormitory living and offers caring and encouragement from a married couple who serve as Resident Directors.
The home is governed by a Board of Managers consisting of representatives from each of the 12 churches that existed in Bangor in 1891. It is the mission of the Board to provide a stable environment where each resident is treated with kindness, courtesy, and respect based on the principles of the Christian faith.
Additional advantages of living at the Kings Daughters Home
- family-style living.
- a smoke-free/drug-free environment.
- meals provided twice daily Mon. – Fri.
- resident food storage area.
- computer/wifi capability.
- some off-street parking available.
- on city bus line.
- within walking distance of interstate bus service.
- full kitchen privileges in fully-equipped kitchen.
- laundry available on-site.
- convenience store in the area.
- close to downtown retail, business and waterfront area.
- close to Kenduskeag Stream trail.
A Better Option Because…
KDH – is a place where goals can be made and realized.
KDH – is a place where love, laughter and support are abundant.
KDH – is a place where friendships are made and dreams are shared.
KDH – is a place where “home” is an everyday word.
KDH – is a place where courtesy and respect are encouraged.
KDH – is a place where Christ is honored.