Frequently Asked Questions
What should I bring with me to the King’s Daughters Home?
Those items considered necessary by KDH:
- A type of “carry-all” to transport your items to and from the shower area;
- medical supplies such as Tynenol, Ibuprophen, bandaids, tissues, heating pad;
- mattress cover for standard twin mattress;
- linens for a standard size twin bed, blanket, bedspread, pillow (and throw pillows if you desire);
- clothes hangers;
- food: you will need items for lunches, snacks, and all weekend meals;
- bath mat.
Those things considered nice to have, but not absolutely necessary:
- 2 or 3 storage dishes for leftover food;
- laundry detergent, laundry sack or hamper;
- a soapdish;
- push pins for cork board;
- white sticky putty for hanging pictures, posters, etc;
- desk light or lamps;
- tv (perhaps a stand) (Dorm residents no larger than 13”);
- envelopes, stationery, stamps;
- heavy duty extension cord/electric strip;
- small bookshelf or crates;
- mattress egg-crate;
- something that makes the room feel like home (pictures, posters, flowers).